Friday, August 19, 2011

She has a Name...

How many times do we shift our glance when we see a lady on the corner? Walking down the street with a wig that does not fit and clothes that reveal the path of life that she is on. Women of the streets yes, but should that be their title? They have names, they are someone’s daughter, sister, friend…
Sitting here at my office in the air-conditioning when right outside there are woman just like me; yet they that are in bondage to drugs to alcohol many have been abused and are so broken that they see no value in themselves… and so they sell themselves in order to buy more of the very substances that are keeping them in their drug created cell.

LINDA
Everyone here at Grace is gone for the day. I sit here and weep as I find out that another one of the women in our neighborhood has died after being hit by a car on Lee Street. 2 sentences that is all that was written in the paper about Linda. I don’t really know what to say, I don’t know how to feel. I agree with my young neighbor Eliza, “ I wish there was no such thing as drugs!”



VICKI
Yesterday I sat in a memorial service for my dear friend Vicki. Vicki walked the streets for 30 years. 2 years ago she gave her life over to Jesus, and He in his Mercy reached down and held my friend and brought her out of the bondage that the world said she would be captive to forever. After a short and courageous fight again cancer dear Vicki went to be with her Savior this past Monday. I’ve cried and asked God why. She wanted to share her story with others to share how Christ set her free. I will always remember you Vicki, it hasn’t sunk in yet that you are gone. Your life was a testimony and even though you are gone your testimony lives on. Through my tears I can see you dancing with Jesus, and in this my heart Rejoices.

No comments: