Yesterday, I went out to the Bog Gardens before going to Grace to drive the van for Glenwood Tutoring. We had a torrential downpour earlier that morning and it looked like the sky would collapse with another dousing any minute. But I was willing to risk getting wet. So I set out to walk the trails, with my camera in hand in case there was anything “picture worthy.”
Now at first glance one would wonder why I had chosen to walk in the Bog gardens and not the Bicentennial Gardens across the street. The Bicentennial Gardens are well manicured and have flowers year round while the Bog Garden is more a natural space with walking trails and bridges that preserve the natural beauty. (It really is not very “pretty” in the winter). I prefer natural beauty over manicured, and the dim light and dreariness of the Bog Garden seemed to coincide with how I was feeling.
Being in nature, breathing in the crisp cold air and just being still is God’s gift to me. I would rather be outside then inside 90% of the time. So as I continue my walk (keeping a close watch on time so I will not be late picking up the kids.) I begin to see life in these dismal few acres. Birds taking a bath in the fresh puddles made by the storm earlier, squirrels chasing each other, and small flowers starting to bloom bringing with them the promise of spring.
The questions and thoughts in my heart began to lessen. I saw the beauty in the lull of the storm. I saw the life that was there, and in the midst of that God spoke a quite reminder to me that He is in control. It doesn’t have to make sense to me. I just have to stand on what I know; and that is that God is faithful, He is good, and in Him I will not fall.
Pictures from my walk…
.....
No comments:
Post a Comment