Saturday, March 28, 2009

Living Room Makeover

I have Finally Finished covering the “Blue Beast”. And even though at first I was a little skeptical of the 6ft of pink/red material I picked up at the Hannah’s Haven yard sale, it worked out great and the brown toned it down nicely.

Last night as I was trying to finish the last cushion I could not help but laugh at myself b/c I couldn’t figure out how I have successful rounded the corner on the first cushion.  Growing up my mom was a wonderful seamstress. She made cute dresses and all sorts of handy kid clothing. Poor mom, she had a daughter that loved to create things but hated patterns with a PASSION! I would rather look at a picture and spend two hours making it instead of using a pattern and making it in one hour. Oh, and I do not believe in making all the edges straight and turned in that you are never going to see (Another mother and daughter difference. )**Please don’t turn my cushion covers inside out mom, b/c they are a mess! But all our differences aside, I defiantly learned from my mom that you take a little bit of nothing and make a pretty neat “something”. Below are the recent creations.



$6 Makeover - $1 for the pick/red material and $5 for the brown!


$9 Makeover - $5 for the purple (it was a "scrap" at Joann's) and $4 for the jeweled brown


Yea 90% done! Now if I can figure out how to hide the drabness of the "game chest" in the middle. :)

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I love it, you are so creative and I am so jealous (in a good way ofcourse) Is the chest in the middle yours? If so maybe you can do like a mosaic, like we did with the girls and their picture frames and somehow you could have their pitures in it :-) See I really am creative but I just have the ideas and you are the getter doner. Love you lots!