Thursday, June 05, 2008

Why

Why is it this way?
Why is there so much hurt, pain, apathy?
Why is your heart soft one day and the next colder than ice?

I want to talk to you, but you stare… into an unknown world.
Do you hear me?
Do you even care?
You must, because you came tonight. I am so confused?

She was trying to do what was right.
But she didn’t know how to explain herself to me.
I got tired, I was frustrated, I sent her home…
Now I wish that hadn’t.

I feel responsible, I feel as though I have failed.
Feelings are fickle things; they come and go with no warning.
I can’t stop what I am feeling, but I can control what I believe.
It is all about God, He knows what is going on, and He is in control.
I keep saying it…hoping it will go from my head to my heart.

Walking in obedience is not an easy path.
Sometimes I long to stray from this path.
To walk on the path of “pretending”
And pretend that I didn’t see the hurt on her face.

I felt a tear fall, I heard my own voice crack.
Lord please give me PATIENCE.
Lord please give me Love.
Lord please guide me and help me.

Why is it this way?
Why is there so much hurt, pain, apathy?
Why is your heart soft one day and the next colder than ice?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

She hears you, she cares! She desires your love, she wants to be loved with every fiber of her being. The right kind of love to her is foreign, the enemy loves to tell her that it's easier to be hard. You love her well. Call her and tell her how you feel and maybe it will help her to see how it looks so that next time maybe she can express herself.