
All of US!!
Monique reading her poem and the older girls supporting her.
Quintella "Angles Watching Over Me"
Jody practicing before the banquet
The younger girls arriving at the banquet
The Christmas Banquet was hard though, in a way, too. This is a banquet that is put on for the community and the girls in GDM are in an odd place in the middle. While they are ministering and dancing they are also very much a part of the community that has come to watch. If they were not dancing they would be enjoying dinner and the entertainment. It saddened my heart, when we were “shooed” more than once aside and spent the remainder of the evening in the “dressing room”. But I really shouldn’t complain, this is a good place to be, a place of growth a place of “we have never been down this road before” so there are bound to be things that we don’t know what to do and have to figure out. Inner City Ministry is not for the faint of heart that is for sure. Do not be deceived by that statement! For we are all faint of heart (well at least I am!) it is only by my Savior’s Grace and Strength that I continue. I see young girls blossoming and falling every day. I have heart to heart talks at ‘McDonalds’ about why God has told us to save sex for marriage and in the same day have a knock on my door from a 16 year old mother asking me to coming over and visit with her and her infant daughter. This is life. Is a beautiful yet heartbreaking all at the same time. I am so proud of everything that the girls PRESSED through to make it to the Christmas banquet and to DANCE with determination that Satan would not have victory .
No comments:
Post a Comment