(Not a real pic. of me, just one I found online that looks really close to my memory)When I was young there was a tree in at my neighbor’s house that I would climb just about every day. I thought that I could see for miles when I was up there. (When in actuality it was only a street or two.) I would climb up in the tree with a book and feel total peace. A few years ago I went back to that house in Charlotte, and the tree looked so small … not the refuge that I remember it as. I could sit up there forever and watch the birds and read and day dream of what it would be like to be a bird and to fly away. How freeing that would be to soar and to allow the air currents to take you where they please. Seems like a childlike dream, and then I read in Psalms “... Oh that I had wings like a dove! For then would I fly away, and be at rest.” - Palm 55:6 Nothing profound in this post… Just rambling and remembering and thankful that King David wished for wings at times too…
No comments:
Post a Comment