I remember being 14 and day dreaming about who I would be,
I’m not who I thought I would be…
I’m not where I thought I would be…
I’m not doing what I thought I would be doing…
And I am thankful.
In my young heart I thought every one had to be the same when they grew up.
I wanted so bad to not be a teenager anymore…
I thought adults didn’t have dreams and that was why I never saw them cry.
Somewhere in-between 14 and 20ish I stopped dreaming…
I thought it was for the best, that it would make things better.
How thankful I am that God came and brought me back to LIFE!
Taught me how to dream again.
Told me that I should dare to hope, to dream, to laugh, to BELIEVE.
26 is a strange age.
You are “expected” to be married,
Your friends are having children,
People question if you are not “settled down”.
26 is a wonderful age!
Walking by faith…
Not giving up on the dream of marriage,
Yet not allowing the absence of it detour me from God’s will.
Packing up and going to the nations and the neighborhoods.
Enjoying seeing people’s faces when they ask if I have any children…
I reply, “Yes I have a few dozen; all of different races and nationalities.”
I could choose tonight to be disappointed and upset.
Upset that I do not have what I don’t really want, “A normal life”.
I choose to listen to my heart, to my Savior, and not my mind.
To rejoice in where I am and where I am headed.
Instead of falling into the confusion of wondering if I should be discontent.
Yes, 26 is a strange yet wonderful age.
1 comment:
God is sitting right here as i write to you. He always comes through when he is needed. He sent your blog to me. Amen.
I have been struggling in a bad way these past weeks.
I am 50 but I too remember years ago dreaming about who I was "supposed" be. 26 does not seem that far away to me. I am still learning it is ok to be "different". Some days I ache for my problems and all the strife to go away.
Adults do cry...they just dont want to let the children see... they want them to be at peace and feel safe and know that life is beautiful. To know there are always dreams and to never give up hope.
My 30 year old daughter gave birth to her first baby on july 23. a few days later she was diagnosed with an agressive form of breast cancer. My world has been collapsing around me. But I am hanging on to what the Lord tells me. He will never give us more than we can handle....I do believe his plan is a great one. So great that I can not imagine.
So...my friend, I thank you for your words. I do know your path has sometimes been a struggle. You have been an inspiration to me since we first met on our trip to Nicaragua.
So....today I will do as you said "choose to listen to my savior and not to my mind. To truely rejoice in where I am and where I am heading.
You are a blessing to me and I will
travel with you again someday my friend.
I got big "God" bumps on that one.
I love you. ML
Post a Comment