Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fighting


I’ve been in quite a few fights these last two ½ weeks. Not fights with mere mortals, which we know as humans; but fights on a different level. Battling against Satan, against his schemes to keep me trapped or to paralyze me with fear from the past or fear of the future. I have found myself with confidence as I stand with my Savior and fight in Him. Yet, there are other times that I am so distraught and then I lookup (spiritually speaking) to find that I have actually been fighting against God and not with Him.

These past few days I have seen how I have been in all actuality quite an apathetic soldier. The battles I have fought previously and have seen God bring me through seem to be much more weary some when I am facing the same battle again in a different light. I remember how scary it was, I want to retreat.

Somewhere in my mind I still have a false belief that once you have fought through something, or have forgiven someone that you will never have to again. This very thing has been disproven to me over and over again. I have had to fight off fears that are related to the past and chose not to live in them, prayed and with tears chosen to sleep and not to be afraid, and chosen to love with no guaranty of being shown love in return.

Today I chose to live in WISDOM and not fear.

I know where I came from and I choose to NEVER GO BACK to the bondage of “Egypt”.

My deepest desire is to walk with Jesus and to go where ever He leads. To not be ashamed to dust off and get back up.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I am reading Beth Moore's book, "Believing God". It is great! Here is a five statement pledge of faith that you can repeat when you get into these struggles with the enemy (you may have seen this. Use whichever is appropriate for the situation.

God is who he says He is.
God can do what He says he can do.
I am who God says I am. (use this freq.)
I can do all things through Christ.
God's Word is alive and active in me.

Speak them over any situation, it has been awesome! We choose to believe GOD! Love you!

Nichole said...

PS. She refers to is as raising our sheilds of faith.