Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Riding Around Glenwood


Well I am here and pretty much settled in. Boxes are gone and it looks orderly… The great thing about moving every few years is that I don’t collect “to” much, and the things that I do keep I try to decide if I REALLY want them before I move. I really like it here and enjoy having more space. Though it does get quite during the day and I miss the boys and “C”.

So before I moved back to Glenwood, I really wanted to get a bike. And was praying about it and asking God to help me find one. Yes, I do pray for things that I need to buy, and I do believe that God does lead me to the right sale, and guides me when to wait.:) My roommate called me one day to tell me that she saw a new Mnt. Bike for me for only $60.00, I went the next day and saw it and bought it right away. I could not be happier with my purchase. But it really isn’t about the bike, it is about the people that I get to meet while riding my bike…

Today I rode to church to get some work done, and then to
“Addie’s” http://www.addieslivingroom.com/Home_Page.html to do some more work, and then to a friend’s house to have a meeting about G.D.M. along the way I was able to greet my neighbors and talk to a few kids that I knew. It was fun to be able to just stop my bike and visit; I want to when I am driving but rarely do.
So this is a short blog, but just wanted to share how great it is to be able to bike to all the places I went today and not have to drive!

P.s. I am known to make phone calls while riding too. Just ask Davy! ;)

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Isn't riding and talking on the phone a bit dangerous Suzanne? I am surprised at your lack of safety, do we need to send you to safety town? :-)

Suzanne said...

What do you mean? I could be a safty town officer! :) I use it on speaker phone and all is well... Though I do get some pretty funny looks. lol