Today was Beautiful. Not just because of the weather but because of the two women that were baptized today in a small pond. To proclaim in public that you are a follower of Jesus Christ is much different here in India then it is at home in America. You face rejection and persecution… you become an outcast in most cases. It is believed here that Christianity is a caste, and one of the lower castes at that.
Can you even begin to comprehend how it is to belong to the Brahma Priest Caste (one of the highest castes) and then to come to know Jesus. To study to become a pastor knowing all the time that you are giving up the privilege of the upper caste to join in “society’s eyes” a very low caste?
How difficult it is for an elderly woman to make the decision to follow Christ knowing that in her old age her family may very well reject her and she will have not where to go or to live.
Today as I stood as a witness with other believers my heart was full of joy and of questions. How different would my life be if I lived here, if I was born here and a native of India? Would my faith be strong? Would I step out even in the midst of rejection? I believe that I am growing b/c in my heart I honestly believe the answers to these questions would be “Yes”.
As I am here and witnessing the impossible becomes possible…my mind travel across the ocean to a small neighborhood called “Glenwood”. As I see the youth here I think about the Youth in Glenwood. The trials that they over come our different, but not all that different. God is a God of the Impossible! While I LOVE being here…tonight my heart is full with hope and expectancy for the children and youth of Glenwood.
Our God is a big God so I am dreaming Big! My heart’s desire is to see lives transformed… Here in India….In Nicaragua in March…and in Glenwood this year!
2 comments:
greetings from Pennsylvania... yes these folk you describe are brave to follow Jesus.
Not only do you have a way with words, but you also have a good eye for photography. Your pictures are great!!...I'm going on retreat next week for 4 days. Keep me in your prayers, that I'll be able to hear God when He talks to me....You must be a good computer teacher-Glory is sitting there smiling (not banging her head against the wall : )
Post a Comment