Tuesday, January 01, 2008


Welcome Year 2008!

“It’s a new season. It’s a new day. Fresh anointing is coming our way…”
– Israel New Breed

Usually on New Years Eve I am not excited or really feel anything, it is just another year, another day. The only thing that is different is that I have to remember to write the new date. :)

This year is different. It is 2008! The date has no special meaning except that I am so very grateful to be alive and well. This year is different because I am beginning it FREE…free from shame and free from the past. The past does not define this year to come. My God has given me a fresh start. :)I have high hopes for this coming New Year. Even when trials come I know that with my God I can overcome. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my God loves me. Even when things are unexplainable I can trust Him.

So welcome year 2008! I do not know what you hold, but that is ok b/c my God holds me and will never leave me and will be with me through the joy and the tears that you may bring. I am looking forward to REALLY living this year!


How we welcomed in the New Year…

7pm-11pm – Worship and special songs (The Church was packed)
11:00pm-11:50pm - Jeevan Preached
11:50-12:30am – Worship and Prayer
12:30-1am – I gave the “New Year” Message
1am-2am – Skits, Dances, and B-day cake for Glory’s B-day
2am-2:30am- Wishing Happy New Year and talking
3am – Wonderful Sleep!




Drawing with powered chalk on the dirt road a “Welcome Year 2008 Sign”


A student from the Bible College drawing a HUGE detailed star on the road!



When you can’t get rid of your enemies then become friends with them. Thus, the naming of the lizard that lives in my room… Meet “Fred” (The other night though he invited a friend over ‘without my permission’ and I was not happy!)

P.s. He is staring at me right now…as long as he stays on his side of the room I will be ok.


Every night we have been traveling to different villages to hold Christmas services. This is one of the darling girls that traveled from the village we were at the week before to come to another service. “Beautiful”




Saris are lovely to look at but a Punjabi is my favorite it is soooooooo comfortable!


Praveen and I (Faith’s Sponsor Child)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Suzanne!!

Jenny said...

you look beautiful in your indian dress! and what precious children!!! i'm praying for you (got your email). i know that you're having a wonderful time. the glenwood kids and all of us send our love. we miss you and are so proud of you!

Melissa said...

happy new year, sweet suz! glad to catch up on your blog, and will be praying for you all.

Dayna said...

Hey Suzanne!! I sure do miss you! Tiasyah asked why your phone was off a few days ago. I told her it was because you were still in India -- then she asked, "You mean her phone doesn't work there?" So, I told her I'd pass on her message of "hello." I'm glad that you're getting some rest now. Pet Fred for me!! Love you!

Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR SUZANNE!! Cute lizard... Hope his friend was his age???

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I can't even begin to tell you how proud God must be of you and how very proud I am to be a part of your life. Who would have even thought(thunk) you would be preaching from a platform in India a few months back. Thanks for allowing the healing grace of God to work in your life. You truly have been blessed and you are definitely a blessing to those around you. Here's a big hug from your Mercy staff. (Mmhh)