Thursday, January 10, 2008

First of all thank you to all of you that have been praying for my health. The migraine has finally begun to ease today and I can think with out my head pounding. :) It is hard enough in the States to explain a migraine and to try to explain I just need to be in the dark and to sleep…it is 200x harder to explain in India. (Lol) I think I scared some people here because I was so sick. But eventually it was ok, I explained that this has happened before and that I know what to do (I’m a pro!) hahaha… Please do cont. to pray though that these migraines would dissipate for good, while they have decreased drastically I still occasionally get them.

The Power of a Song


So the past few days I have not been able to play with the children 6 stones (a great game!) So I invited them inside and explained they needed to be quite and we listened to music on my CD player. Each child took turns picking out a CD.

Then it was Sony’s turn…She picked the cd “Come and Listen” that had songs on it from a Dance Fundraiser that we had for my dear friends the Byers before they left for Germany. I turned it on for her and then got distracted with talking to another child.

A few minutes later I heard a “sigh”. I looked over to see Sony with the speaker to her ear and tears in her eyes. She looked up at me and said one simple yet profound word, “Beautiful”. The Chorus was playing “This is what it means to be held, how it feels when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive. This is how it feels to be loved and to know that when everything fell you’d be H-E-L-D…”
Sony does not know what the words to this “English” song mean but you could see in her eyes that her spirit did. Just as ungodly music brings darkness to our souls, Godly music brings hope to our hearts even if it is another language.

Sony has listened to this song countless times since the first time. :) It is now known as "Sony’s Song" among the children here. Love crosses over all barriers…


Pictures of the children listening to music. :)



Pravallika talking into my guitar tuner and making different notes show with her voice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i just cried happy happy tears. :) it is so amazing how God's spirit just leaps over those language barriers through music.
rach