Yesterday we traveled to two Tribal Village Churches and one small prayer meeting. I was a little nervous before we left, just because I wasn’t really sure what to expect and knew that the people would be very curious about me and that my “comfort zone” and “personal space” was soon to be innocently invaded.
***Side Note*** It took a good while to get there, but I love riding in the jeep in the day time through the city or country side. I think that I could live here the rest of my life and never get a fill of the beauty and the colors!
So we finally arrived at the first church and there were curious children peeking through the bushes but would not come out of hiding. But as I began taking pictures of them and then walking slowly up and holding out my camera so they could see themselves on the screen, there were many giggles and soon I was surrounded. :) Cameras are a blessed barrier breaker!
After I spoke in the 1st church the ladies brought the most colorful out fit up to me and asked if I would like to try it on and dance with them. (Jeevan translating of course!) My answer… Yes of Course! It was so much fun as I wore the tribal garments over my own and the ladies kept trying to keep the headdress from falling off my head (This was very funny to them, as my hair is much more slick then their own, so they never have had this much trouble making it stay…finally someone had a safety pin and the “American was ready”.
We danced. They sang. The congregation smiled and clapped to the beat.
The day was long and defiantly out my comfort zone. But it was wonderful and I am beginning to see that I love living out of my comfort zone, I believe God created me for life so far out of my comfort zone I can’t even imagine it sometimes!
(Child Pumping Water at the Church)
Natural Speed Bumps (Water Buffolo)
I would love to hear from you all even if it is only hi! Hint-Hint :) thanks!
2 comments:
That little girl pumping water is precious! Too cute!
Glad to hear that you're doing well, and that you got to do a bit a dancing!!!
I think we have a little Indian weather today - 70 degrees outside on Jan 7!... When you get back to the States I'll loan you my book "Good Goats" - ties in with your writing...Did you know Elissa Gallup?(UNCG interpreter). She's in Nairobi in the midst of all that fighting and chaos....Love, love, love your pictures!!
Post a Comment