
As we were traveling yesterday in to the country side and mountain region of Hyderabad There were flocks of sheep and goats everywhere and many were walking in the streets not disturbed at all that we were blaring our horn trying to make them move:).
Have you ever seen a shepherd or shepherdess leading sheep of goats? It is very interesting! A shepherd of sheep walks in front and the sheep will follow him or her to the next pasture. But, a shepherd of goats must walk behind or in the middle of the goats to keep them moving. They have no respect for the shepherd when he/she calls them, so the Shepard must “make” them go the right way with his/her staff.
After having learned this interesting fact from Jeevan I was fascinated. Every time we passed a flock I tested the theory and sure enough it was true every time. The sheep followed and kept pace. Yet, the goats were stubborn as anything thinking that they knew what was best and would walk in the opposite direction or just stop walking period!
Does it surprise you at all that God compares us to sheep and goats and that as His children we are to be sheep? The greatest desire of my heart…is to be a faithful sheep! But, how many times I have behaved like a goat, thinking that I know an “easier” or “better” way! May we all remember who we are today. If we are sheep let’s begin to follow and stop acting like a goat:). And if we are a goat, there is hope for God said, “That to all who call upon His name He gave the right to be called children of God.” You can be a sheep! It is your choice!
*** As we were driving down to road I told Jeevan that I had always wanted a little lamb for a pet. :) His immediate response…”Do you want a picture with a lamb? Her get your camera out we will stop at the next flock!” And so we did! :) My little Lamb! *Hee-hee.*
No comments:
Post a Comment