Ahhhh sweet rest... It is 10pm here and it feels like I have just been given a beautiful gift of time. The past few days we have returned back to the house well past midnight after a day of teaching in different villages. Last night it was around 3am. (Yes, mom I stayed awake during the meeting but it was physically painful at times. lol :) )
EEEEEKKKKKKK so last night (well this morning) when I came back to my lovely little apartment/room I was going to the “washroom” and I stepped on a Lizard! Let me tell you I was freaked and also so tired that I didn’t want to get a guy to come get it. So…. I just put a bucket on top of it and then when I woke up I scooted it into the trash. (eeeewwww) still now when I think about it, it gives me the willies. :)
I am being stretched here and it is GOOD. I have needed to be called higher and asked to do things above what “I” can do. Public speaking is something that I have always shied away from, even though it was one of my favorite classes in college. It really is not that I have stage fright yet that I convince myself that I have nothing worth saying and that I am wasting other’s time. I have taught/preached here every day and many times 2-3 times a day. No topics given just asked to share. At first and still many times the old me comes up and I wany to sit down; but I have been asked… the people are waiting expectantly and there is that quickening in my heart that comes when my flesh is battling what I know I have been called to do.
Prayer Requests
Please keep me in your prayers as I cont. to travel with Jeevan and the students to different villages to teach.
For times of Rest and that I would be alert and awake during the late night meetings.
For financial support for Jeevan and the mission here, and sponsors for the children in the orphanage.
No comments:
Post a Comment