The infamous game “Hanky Panky” can be found in many countries round the world as missionaries are surrounded by large groups of children. While not knowing the language the barrier is broken as a group of children gather in a circle and play this simple hand clapping game that is sure to get laughs from young and old alike. I taught this game to the children one of the first few days here… it has now become a regular evening game. Today as I was playing with the younger children I hear the older children walking back from school (yes they have school on Saturday) Singing the catchy tune, it made me smile. How such simplicity (a simple game) can place a smile on the face of a child.

Preaching…
I am about to leave to go to a neighboring village, to teach and to worship with the branch church there. Even though this does not seem to me like “my favorite thing to do” I am always amazed how God steps in and takes my simple words and displays them in His radiant light, bringing life to them that can only can come through divine intervention. During these teaching times I never really know how to get started and have thought to myself a number of times how I may look to a fellow American with my simple teachings and stumbling over myself at times. But these thoughts do not have time to last as I feel God’s presence VERY STRONGLY and it is Him not I am that is speaking and it should always be His Words and not mine. And when this is true where is the room for feelings of inadequacy or fear?

Medical Camp…
With a suit case full of medicine, a local doctor and willing hearts we set out for one of our branch churches to host a Medical Camp. Over 100 people were seen in a span of 4-5 hours. After each patient was seen and given medicine (if available) or a prescription, I had the honor of praying over each Woman and child patient. I believe that God is the ultimate healer! He has given us the gift of medicine and medical knowledge to be used to glorify His name.
Thank you all for your prayers :) and support!
Goodnight
1 comment:
I checked with my nieces (who are up on everything) and no one knows the "Hanky Panky" game. Make a mental note to teach it to me when you come home.
You sound so much better!! Sleep and prayer - two wonderful things!
Post a Comment