Wednesday, December 26, 2007


My friend Rupa

Rupa, is Jeevan’s 17 years old niece and is studying computers at an English medium College near by. She stops in often to talk and visit with me. She is a beautiful girl with a sweet spirit. She asked if I would come to her 18th b-day party and stay at her house with her for a few days in January. I told I would be delighted! She went on to explain that her house does not have indoor pluming and that she did not want me to be uncomfortable…I assured her it would be ok and I smiled to myself at how wonderful it was to have a friend.

As Sad Morning

This morning we received a phone call. Rupa’s father had passed away unexpectedly. I was asked to go to be with her, to comfort her. (I just got back). What was I to say I don’t know? Did I say the right thing, I don’t know? She showed me pictures of her father, he was a doctor and she was so proud of him. We both cried and were quiet for long periods of time. “I miss my daddy Suzanne,” she said as we sat in the crowed room together as more relatives and friends came in to be with her and her mother.

She left about 1 hour ago to see her father. He died in a neighboring town.

Please pray for Rupa and her mother during this hard time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there and make you a nice cup of tea!
For what it's worth...we know that Jesus took time to be by himself with the Father. Mother Teresa , Gandhi... took time. You can't pour out God's spirit if your own pitcher is running dry. Because the need is so great, I know you feel compelled to do as much as you can. Don't let your soft heart over-rule good sense. ;)

Anonymous said...

(I ran out of room)
Praying for you. You are a wonder in my eyes!