
I have been working at “Delicious Bakery” here in Greensboro about 2 ½ months now, building cakes and decorating. I really enjoy it, I love to learn new things and work with my hands. Sometimes the building of a cake, (meaning layering a certain flavored cake with the desired frosting to reach the correct height and the frosting it with a crumb coat) can be quite tricky and frustrating. It may sound funny, b/c really how hard is it to layer a cake and frost it? Well just believe me sometimes it is. :)
The first thing to know though about making a firmly staked cake that is even and smoothly iced, is to make sure that it is in the CENTER of your turntable. Many times I have placed my cakes on my turntable and begun working without checking to make sure they are centered and the cakes come out lopsided every time. Sometimes I can’t really tell if they are slightly lopsided yet when placed in the fridge next to the other cakes that I did center correctly the problem becomes obvious to me and to anyone else that is looking on. :)
In my life it is the same way. I am tempted to compromise, to still be in God’s will but not in the center. I am tempted to please others and take an easier way…yet I feel myself becoming lopsided. You see I do see God’s hand at work in my life. I have seen Him do miracles beyond description in my life and in others.
Yet, still today when times get hard. When I feel misunderstood, when I feel lonely, when I am deeply saddened by recent shootings in Glenwood, when I miss my friends overseas I am tempted to give into the lies that tell me it doesn’t matter where I am on “God’s turn table”… that I can compromise the Truth that I KNOW.
I will NOT COMPRIMISE. No matter how much I want to become “invisible” again…even when I am bombarded with thoughts of apathy and insecurities…even when it is tempting to please man over God, I will not compromise. I will not go “Back to Egypt!”
So this evening I refuse to listen to the world around me. I will remain here where I know God has called me to. I will stay until He says, “MOVE”. I will remain in True Christian fellowship so that my brothers and sisters in Christ can hold me accountable and so that I am not isolated and can see when my life is becoming lopsided.
No comments:
Post a Comment