Where to start where to start? How about, “I am feeling very inadequate.” Good thing I am learning not to live by my “feelings” but it is still hard all the same.
Yesterday we hosted a medical camp in a near by village. The easiest way to get word out is to take the “white” girl around and then everyone will be interested in her and follow and what do you know you all end up at the church. Hahaa that would be nice if it was that easy in Glenwood.
So as we are started the medical Camp Jeevan explains to me that after the women see the Dr. I can lay hands on them and pray for them. I prayed for over a hundred women and children young and old. Their eyes were so full of expectancy it made me weep. Who am I? I wanted to say, “You have got the wrong person go and let the pastor pray for you.” But I am a woman, meaning I can lay hands on them and pray. Their faith was so strong and I felt my faith was so week. There was one boy that was so sweet he couldn’t walk or speak but he had joy radiating from him. As His father held him up I knelt down to pray over his feet I reached up to lay hands on his mouth as he is smiling down at me. I wish I could say that he ran out that he began to speak. But he did not. He began to laugh and I began to cry. His father eyes produced a single tear. Jeevan came over and talked with the father. The father’s eyes were full of faith he was not angry that his son was not healed at that exact moment. He carried his son out both of them joyful. My heart is challenged I will never be the same.
1 comment:
Sweet Suzanne,
You are not adequate in yourself but in His wisdom God has brought you to this place, to this time fully equipped to fulfill His purposes. I know that you have faith in that, or you would not be there! You have such a williing heart to serve Him, that it is a joy to me- and I am sure, to all those you pray for and "preach" too. Enjoy each 5 minutes you are given, and when you get home you can teach me the joy of resting in the waiting.
Post a Comment