Yesterday and today have been hard. I am beginning to struggle with the language and culture barrier. I am very weary from all the travel and little sleep. It is affecting me physically and I am feeling ill.
Please pray for me that I will gain my strength back soon, that I will be able to clearly communicate with Jeevan and Glory while being culturally respectful. One of the hardest things, and it may seem silly… is the food. It is not that I do not like it because I do! But they serve me 3 times the amount I would normally eat. I try to say no, and explain it is to much but it is insisted b/c I am traveling and need strength. Then at each church and village we teach at they want to feed us again. I coming to dread meals and this is making it hard for me to focus on what I am doing here b/c actually eating everything takes all my energy and concentration.
Today Glory walked in and I was trying to eat my lunch and I began to cry. (ugggg not good timing) She is worried that I am worried about my family and being so far from home. I try to explain that I am not and that I am happy I am here…I am not worrying…but that the food is to much I can’t finish it. I don’t know what else to do our English and Cultures are not matching and I am tired.
Prayer and Advise is much needed and appreciated thanks.
2 comments:
oh Suz! I tried to find a free online translator for you- but none of the free ones do Hindi... Is there no one who can help you explain this to them? I am praying that God will supply a person or a means to get your delimma across clearly!
Hey, Zan - I am reading this days after it happened, so I hope that all is well now. I have some music for you to check out when you get home - maybe you already know the group - Aradhna? They have some great worship and I think it is Indian. We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment