Greetings from India
My e-mail for some reason is not working so this blog will be my main means of communication.
Dayna, will you please ask Carrie to e-mail this link to my family in my e-mail contacts? :) And give it to anyone else who asks if you have heard from me.
(Regina Clark)
So I am here… It took me an extra day to get here, I am truly on India time now!
So far here are the modes of transportation that I have taken (in order)
Car, Plane x 2, Taxi (totally different then American taxi!), mini car (picture to come), Train (Ever seen an Indian Train it is CRAZY!), Jeep, Motorbike…
I haven’t had much Jet lag. I think b/c it took me so long to get here and I followed Regina’s helpful jet lag tips. Ok that is enough about the travel now for the people!
Jeevan was waiting for me at the airport. He had waited all day and then into the night and then into the morning. I finally arrived in India around 5:30am and got a few hours of sleep before riding the train to Vijiawada. It has been wonderful to see Jeevan again, He is a man on FIRE for God and very personable and funny too.
Glory and Susanna and the orphans were waiting for us when we arrived the next evening. Glory is a joy to be around; her English is very good to be with others that only speak Telegu. Imagine my surprise when Susanna Mercy came up and spoke to me in English! “How are you?” she asked. I answered back and then asked her if she spoke English. She nodded her 6 year old head and grinned. We are inseparable!
All of the children here are wonderful and full of joy. I can see you all laughing and saying, “of, course Suzanne what else would you say.”
Yesterday I went to the Bible College about a 5 min ride, and met the students. I must admit that I am a little intimidated about teaching. I have been working yesterday on lessons and PRAYING ALOT! I feel very young and find myself wondering who this person is that Jeevan is introducing to people b/c truly it can not be me.
I am learning to lean on my Savior all the more. I am learning that I can not look at myself as a “nobody” and be the “somebody” that God has called me to be. I am learning what true humility is. And that I can walk with head up and speak words of truth boldly and not feel that I am walking in “pride”.
There is so much more! :) But I need to leave in about 5 min. Please do respond and tell me how you are too. It is very different being on a mission trip alone with out someone to talk to from your own country and culture.
Blessings
1 comment:
Hey Suzanne! So glad to know that you've made it and that things are going well so far!! I don't know Carrie's email address, so I'll email your brothers and have them send the link to your parents. We sure do miss you already!
Here's your funny story for the day:
Mort's shop got broken into last night (not funny), but the only thing the robber stole was a gumball machine (very funny)!! Things just don't make sense in Glenwood :)
I'm praying for you and all the folks your with. Can't wait for you to come home!!!
Post a Comment